Businesses today have evolved with time, and there is a lot of decision-making on data-driven results. With data being the backbone of every business, entrepreneurs have clearly understood the importance of data and how to use it efficiently for better profit probability. However, what happens when the decision-making is based on inaccurate, irrelevant, or repetition? Whereas the economy is combined with different sets of industries, collecting information and data routinely. As the reports suggest, bad data costs a business a whopping amount of loss every year. Bad data is a global economic problem affecting tons of businesses. Information or data can be bad in numerous ways, including scattered in different platform formats, inconsistent or irrelevant information, or data duplication that may need to be clarified. With bad data, it is nearly impossible for a business to use it in an appropriate manner. Collecting data isn’t the end game; to utilize the data in an efficient manner is vital for a company’s performance.
Table of Contents
Data is collected in various ways and formats; hence, it becomes essential for businesses to bifurcate the data. Since companies have a bulk amount of customer information, data cleansing and enrichment services can cater to the needs to prioritize and potently sort the data. This helps to prioritize to obtain the most credible insights that aid the process of informed decision-making. Cleansing and enrichment data digitization services provide clean and valuable data. Let’s deeply understand data cleansing and data enrichment services and how they can impact the company.
What is Data Cleansing?
Data cleansing is an essential element that marketers must do to verify the legitimacy and accuracy of their contact information. It comprises examining existing prospect or client data, correcting inaccuracies, and confirming the information. As a result, the database is consistent and predictable, with data in the correct fields. Before data cleansing, it is essential to have a better understanding of the data to ensure all the information is vividly cleansed. Further, data problems must be resolved for the data to be usable to data scientists; these problems might be simple or complicated, quick and painless, or time-consuming and tedious. Mostly, data cleansing service is used to achieve three key objectives, as mentioned below.
- Eliminating Duplicate Entries
- Correcting Errors
- Enhancing Data Quality
What is Data Enrichment?
Data enrichment is improving data by adding new information to current datasets. As a result, the dataset is more affluent, making generating more insights easier. It is possible to accomplish this using third-party data tools, software, or processes that refine and enhance first-party data. When used in CRM use cases, data enrichment solutions may seek missing records and information from external sources to fill in the gaps. Both cleansing and enrichment are aimed at enhancing all the information and data to be used more effectively. Primarily, data enrichment services drive better business outcomes and enhance the quality of data. Following are the three main benefits availed from data enrichment services.
- Improved customer profiles
- Custom Messaging
- Enchired Behavioral Insights
Difference Between Data Cleansing and Enrichment?
When managing data for improved business operations, the terms data enrichment and data cleansing are sometimes used interchangeably; both are critical from data loading through insight generation since they enhance data quality, access additional data, simplify hidden patterns, and so on. Data enrichment vs. data cleansing is a distinct method for maintaining data quality and accessibility. Data enrichment is the process of combining data from several business sources into a single database to make new data available. Data cleansing, on the other hand, is the process of resolving inconsistent and untrustworthy data and keeping it up to date. Connecting to external data sources and running data pipelines are required for data enrichment. After having access to the data, review it for errors, inconsistencies, and gaps to understand more about it and avoid chaos.
Why is Data Cleansing and Data Enrichment Important?
- Data Enrichment allows a company to define the importance of valuable data that meets the needs of the company and solves difficulties. The improved data helps users navigate the data to find new patterns and questions to ask their clients.
- Users can produce better outcomes with correct and cleaned data by using data analytics software. Businesses can now make more profitable data-driven business decisions and initiatives.
- Since data deteriorates over time, it must be updated on a regular basis. When data changes, the database must be updated. Data enrichment services can increase data accuracy since it checks the information to guarantee that the data in the database is up to date and provides good results.
- Data cleaning services remove inconsistencies and inaccuracies from data, which can be problematic for Analytics applications. Avoiding redundant data processing saves time and money because teams are not required to repeatedly handle the same errors in the datasets.
- Because more data allows users to automate the task intelligently, data enrichment saves time and effort. Data Enrichment automation standardized values based on the needs, focusing on the most relevant influence you can give to a specific set of clients.
- High-quality data allows companies to stay up to date on the needs of various activities. It aids in the prevention of inventory shortages, delivery delays, and other business challenges that result in increased costs, lower revenues, and broken client relationships.
Data is a crucial component of effective marketing. It is required for accurate and complete client data, mailing lists, sales teams, and customer experience. Improved data quality benefits everything from data analytics to customer experience. However, it is always better to outsource data cleansing and enrichment services as the experts can streamline the data, enhancing the business outcomes. Uniquesdata provides affordable outsourcing data cleansing and data enrichment services by experts who perform frequent quality checks to deliver the project with 99.9% accuracy.